11.2.12

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes for My 50th Post!



You know how everyone is talking about the winter that wasn't? Well, now it is. I woke up this morning to find a blustery winter wonderland outside of my window and even though it feels about 2 months too late, I'm not complaining. I woke up my friend at 9am this morning so we could venture out into the blizzard together for brunch and a steaming cup of coffee. I love snow :)


On a different note, I can't believe I'm already on my 50th blog post! I guess that's not a whole lot in the long scheme of things, but when I started this thing up I had no idea how far it would go. I am so flattered and grateful for all of the support I've received from friends and readers who continue to follow That's So Vegan! I wish I could send you each one of these cupcakes... but somehow they magically vanished. Oops. 


Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Banana Glaze

makes 1 dozen cupcakes

Cake:

1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed raspberries

Glaze:

1 ripe banana
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Preheat your oven to 350ยบ and grease or line a cupcake tin.
2. To make the cupcakes, combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dry to the wet and stir until just combined. 
3. Pour the batter into your prepared pan- about 3/4 of the way full for each cupcake. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. While the cupcakes are baking, make the chocolate banana glaze by mashing the banana with a fork, then whisk in the vanilla and cocoa powder. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, whisking as you go. Once it is all added, stir until smooth.
5. Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes, then spread the glaze on top. Enjoy!


These cupcakes are sweet, tart, moist and delicious. If you don't like bananas (aka if you're crazy), they would also be awesome with cream cheese frosting. 



I hope everyone has a great pre-Valentines weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! These sound so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.2.12

    I think you forgot to add the cocoa powder in the glaze ingredients. The rest sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! You're right! I corrected that right away. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous13.2.12

    Chocolate, Raspberry and Banana. Surprising combination. But I bet they taste delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I figured those three go well together in smoothies... why not a cupcake?

      Delete
  4. I love the snow too! That's why winter is my favourite season. Except Seattle has hardly had any snow this year - bummer!

    On the 50th blog post thing - WOOHOO!
    It's kinda funny for me too, actually, because I only just reached 100 posts. I guess that's saying something (like A). I'm forgetful and usually eat all of my food up before photographing it and B). yeah, part A just about summed it.

    Anyway, congrats! I love the snow photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, sometimes it's hard to get the motivation to photograph food before you eat it... especially when it looks so delicious. 100 posts is awesome though!

      Delete
  5. YEA!!!!! 50 POSTS IS BIG!! And I love the beautiful photos with the pink rose and pink plate. And the snow!! We need more of it!!

    ReplyDelete