The Best Vegan Fudge Brownies
Just keep dancing, just keep dancing...
It's all I can do to stay sane. Homework? Psh. Social life? Yeah right. Just keep dancing...
That, my friends, is my week.
In the meantime, I've been meaning to do a link love post for a while and what could go better with the best vegan brownies except the best links I've found recently? So here are some things that I have been loving lately:
-This is one of the most unique TED talks I have ever seen, and hey! It's dance-related :)
-Jen Altman's food photography- love the vibrant colors and how she encorporates people.
-I have a pair of these and I get so many complements. They are addicting- I want more!
-Whenever spring and summer start to creep around the corner I start to crave one of my favorite classic desserts: strawberry shortcake. This slight twist on the traditional version looks divine. Time to put my veganizing powers to good use.
-I can't wait for this duo album to be released.
And now, onto the brownies...
The Best Vegan Fudge Brownies (adapted from 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek)
makes about 9 brownies
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp earth balance
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips to add in
1. Preheat your oven to 350º and lightly oil a an 8x8 baking pan.
2. In a measuring cup, combine the flaxseed and water. Whisk for a minute ad set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine the earth balance chocolate chips and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted together and smooth.
4. In a large bowl, beat together the "flax egg" and chocolate mixture. Mix in the sugar and vanilla, then add the dry ingredients. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes. They will still be slightly gooey, but they solidify as they cool.
I think these are the best because I am a huge fan of melt-in-your mouth fudge-y brownies. These have that perfect texture along with a really deep, dark, chocolate flavor. It's impossible to just eat one!